Show simple item record
dc.description.abstractThis illustration of the Brockport Collegiate Institute building is from an early catalog of 1842. This building, erected in 1835, was the main campus building. In it were the classrooms, rooms for students who lived on campus, and rooms for some faculty as well. In the 1850s a fire meant the building was extensively rebuilt, and in the 1860s two wings were added to it when we became a state Normal school. With some addditions around 1900 this was the building that generations of Brockport students and residents knew as the college. It stood approximately where today's Hartwell Hall is located.
dc.subjectBrockport Collegiate Institute
dc.titleBrockport Collegiate Institute
dc.description.institutionSUNY Brockport
dc.description.publicationtitleThe Physical Campus of the College at Brockport

Files in this item


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record