The campus in 1949. The post WWII expansion is beginning; the one building, today's Hartwell Hall, is no longer the main campus structure. Note the various buildings on the south side of Hartwell, along the railroad tracks. These were a mix of temporary "Quonset hut" and frame buildings used for classroom space, married student housing and other purposes. The first separate dormitory building is the "girl's dorm" or West Hall shown in the distance.