Sacred Heart of Jesus Served Medina’s Polish Community for Nearly 100 Years
AuthorBallard, Matthew R.
PublisherCounty of Orleans
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPolish immigrants arrived at Medina as early as the 1880s and practiced their faith at St. Mary's Church in that vicinity. On February 1, 1910, Bishop Colton appointed Ks. Tomasz Gwodz as the first resident priest and tasked him with establishing the parish and constructing a church. The parish remained in existence for 100 years before it was finally closed in 2010.
- Pioneer Record