Recent Submissions

  • Towboat on Canal 

    Unknown author (1/24/2013)
    The R.H. Hebard tugboat on the canal in between the Main Street and Park Avenue Bridges, ca1910, probably before the canal was widened in 1914.
  • Capen Hose Fire Company 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1910)
    The Capen Hose fire house in Brockport ca1912.
  • Steamroller Contest 

    Elwell, A. B. (1/1/1908)
    This photograph is of one of two steam rollers that were competing to be selected by the Town of Hamlin for their highway work. The contest was held on Lake Road near the Singleton Hotel, pictured here, which was on the ...
  • Brockport Old Home Week, Parade Bystanders 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1911)
    Bystanders viewing a parade on Main Street as part of the 1911 Old Home Week celebration.
  • Old Home Week, Brockport 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1911)
    Brockport, Main Street, Old Home Week. This celebration of the village's history and community was very popular.
  • 26 Erie Street, Brockport NY 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1915)
    26 Erie Street, ca1915. This house stood on the north side of Erie Street, until torn down ca1969 to create today's municipal parking lot. Note the trolley car lines and tracks; the Colonial Inn was a station on the trolley ...
  • Brockport Yacht Club 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1907)
    The Brockport Yacht Club ca1907, on Sandy Creek where it enters Lake Ontario.
  • Brockport Old Home Week Parade 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1911)
    A parade in Brockport, part of the summer of 1911 Old Home Week celebration.
  • Market Street Fire Hall, Brockport 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1910)
    This brick structure was built in 1884 on Market Street to house the local fire companies in the aftermath of a bad fire on Main Street in 1877. The building was torn down and replaced by the current structure in 1971.
  • St. Lukes Epicopal Church, Brockport NY 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1905)
    A photo of St. Luke's church and parish house ca1905. Notice the sign for the livery stable on the pole; the stable was next door, where the village offices are today.
  • Tornado in Brockport, Holley Street 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1906)
    This photo shows the destruction on the west end of Holley Street resulting from a tornado that occured in Brockport June 8, 1906. James Thuresson's wife lost her life from the storm which destroyed their home.
  • Brockport, Park Avenue Canal Bridge 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1912)
    This view looks north to the Park Avenue bridge over the Erie Canal ca1912, showing surveyors at work during the last major expansion of the canal. The "high" bridge shown here was replaced by a liftbridge during the expansion.
  • First Presbyterian Church 

    Unknown author (1/24/2013)
    This photograph of First Presbyterian Church ca1910 shows the manse on the left; this building was torn down in 1965.
  • Methodist Church, Brockport NY 

    Guelph, George (1/1/1905)
    Looking at the Brockport Methodist Church from across Main Street. This is from before the installation of the D.A.R. clock in 1914.
  • Lark Inn 

    Unknown author (1/24/2013)
    The Lark Inn was on the west side of Park Avenue, immediately north of the railroad tracks. It burned in 1913.
  • College Street 

    Unknown author (1/24/2013)
    Looking west up College Street in the direction of the then Normal School campus, today's Hartwell Hall.